There are many reasons that one might want to start a journal. Among them are being self-aware, finding it easier to attain goals and a type of self-therapy. But if you have stress, anxiety or depression, it’s something you should definitely take part in! And although some people do it every day, journaling a few times a week is still beneficial!
Some Benefits of Journaling
- Reduces stress/anxiety
- Helps you sleep better
- Moves you toward your goals
- Improves your mood
- Helps you control your emotions
- Improves communication skills
- Improves your mental health
- Helps you solve problems
- Boosts creativity
- Helps you discover your voice
- Improves mindfulness
- Boosts self esteem
- Helps you learn from your experiences
- Helps you heal from a traumatic event
- Improves your sense of gratitude
Wow, that’s powerful! And if you’re wondering, “How do I start?” Some find it easier by asking yourself a question such as those listed below. Or you can just start writing about whatever’s on your mind.
- How do I feel today?
- Am I struggling with stress?
- What do I need?
- How can I improve my life?
So, get journaling! You have so much to gain! Start today and reap all the benefits!
It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts. Ella Fitzgerald
A LITTLE LAUGHTER!
A ghost walks into a bar and orders a shot of vodka. he bartender says “Sorry, we don’t serve spirits here.”